As experienced environmental consultants engaged in a wide range of development projects, we understand the need of providing our clients with tailored solutions that enhance the social sustainability of projects. Our social team is involved in the process of analyzing, monitoring and managing the social consequences, both positive and negative, of environmental policies, programs, plans and projects.
During the last ten years, we have gained knowledge and experience in developing social policies at local, regional and national level. We are able to support our clients in developing their social policies and plans, enabling them to implement their projects in a socially sustainable manner, in line with their stakeholder expectations and thereby avoiding social risks and negative outcomes.
Our consultancy services focus on the social perspective of environmental protection, including:
Social impact assessment and social risks assessment
Large-scale development projects, in the planning phase, require beside the Environmental Impact Assessment, an analysis of social impacts generated by the development of the project.
We offer support in:
- Drafting and implementing the methodological guidelines for collecting baseline social data from the project’s area of influence.
- Analyzing and identifying the socio-economic impacts and risk.
- Formulating mitigation measures in order to reduce their effect.
Social due diligence
Performing Social Due Diligence work based on international standards such as the Environmental and Social policies of The World Bank, IFC, EBRD. We are experienced as international social auditors for investment projects in different sectors, including: oil and gas, renewable energy, water and waste water, waste management and road infrastructure. Since 2011, our senior expert, Ciprian Popovici is a member of EBRD’s social expert panel. This gives us the opportunity to stay tuned with the latest changes in the international best practices and to provide these services at the highest quality standards.
Stakeholder engagement plans
These plans are based on the process of mapping and analyzing all project stakeholders, and are developed to assure that all parties interested in, or affected by the project, will be constantly, effectively and properly engaged along the project life cycle.
Livelihood restoration plans, resettlement framework strategies and resettlement action plans
These plans aim at guiding the project implementation units in dealing with the project affected persons directly or indirectly influenced by physical and/or economic displacement.
- We support our clients in developing a transparent and fair compensation methodology for assuring that the livelihood of project affected persons will be restored once the project is completed.
- We can assure that the key messages of the investors are clearly delivered to the project affected persons.
- We facilitate the negotiation process between the investor and the project affected persons and provide support in reaching the final agreements between the two parties.
Monitoring services for measuring the performance
Based on the policies and tools presented above, we provide Monitoring Services for Measuring the Performance of these tools.
We assess the effectiveness and delivery patterns of social plans, and, based on the findings, provide the path for improving the performance.