Support and assist the water company in Baia Mare, Romania, to implement remediation measures for a resettlement process that was performed under an EU financed project for rehabilitation and extension of the water and wastewater infrastructure. The project tasks included:
• Engagement with all relevant stakeholders: affected persons, Social Assistance Department, Local Police, Governmental responsible for Roma inclusion, NGOs, Municipality
• Identification of the project affected people, performing census of affected households,
• Identify local and national legislation and the gaps related to the EBRD E&S policy, programs for social assistance of affected community,
• Proposal of remediation measures on medium term and implementation of immediate measures,
• Development of an inter-institutional procedure for resettlement in accordance with international best practice,
• Delivering 3 training session for 30 staff members of water companies in Romania implementing the Bank’s policy.