The focus of our work in waste management is on all elements of municipal solid waste management. We are also knowledgeable in hazardous, industrial, organic and inert waste management.
Our expertise is mainly in:
- Source separation and selective collection
- Recycling and composting
- Advanced treatment of waste and residual biomass (incineration, gasification, co-incineration, waste to energy)
- Biogas production through anaerobic digestion from special waste streams (manure and other agricultural waste)
- Landfill and transfer stations
- Landfill closure, biogas extraction and utilization
- Waste water sludge treatment
In the last 10 years, we had the opportunity to acquire knowledge and experience about the way different industrial sectors are dealing with their environmental and social impacts.
Our services are addressing to large range of industrial sectors, among which:
- Aluminum producing and processing industry
- Mining (gold, copper, coal, bauxite, etc.) industry
- Automotive industry
- Packaging industry
- Food industry
- Oil and gas industry
- Wood processing industry
- Electronics and electric industry
- Metal industry
Our work is focusing on development and improvement of the municipal infrastructure.
We have developed our expertise for working in the following sectors:
- District heating rehabilitation and increase efficiency
- Development and rehabilitation of roads
- Development and improvement of public lighting
- Development and improvement of water and wastewater systems
- Development of cultural infrastructure
Working in national and international energy projects over the years gave us the necessary knowledge to provide professional consultancy services in this field. The energy sector is complex, comprising traditional fossil fuel based and renewable energy.
Our expertise is mainly in:
- Extraction of hydrocarbons, piping
- Coal and biomass based energy generation
- Biogas generation and utilization
- Wind farms
- Energy efficiency
We work for electricity, heat and co- generation, supply, transmission and distribution companies, project developers, investors and the government.
In the field of climate change we have covered a lot of activities already, having worked with industrial clients who participate in various compliance schemes or voluntary markets, the flexible mechanisms under Kyoto and authorities implementing emission trading schemes or aiming to reduce carbon footprints.
We have experience in:
- Carbon management for companies, including building or improving GHG inventory, GHG permitting, analyses of risks and opportunities, carbon management strategies, facilitating transactions, developing emission reduction programs and portfolios
- Evaluating GHG mitigation potential for projects/ companies and preparing emission reduction plans
- GHG inventories under voluntary compliance schemes and carbon disclosure initiatives
- JI/CDM project (PIN, PDD, obtaining letters of approval, registration of project at the EB, investment scheme), ERU/ CER transaction contracts, monitoring and reporting
The rapid changes that have taken place in the landscape and nature use in the last two decades in our country, together with the gradual development of nature conservation practices, make necessary the closer cooperation between economic developments and conservation activities.
Based on our experience in conservation management planning, we offer special services in:
- Environmental impact assessment for projects developed in sensitive and/or protected nature sites
- Promoting and planning sustainable land use based on traditional practices, on local, micro-regional and regional level
- Initiating programs for the management of natural and built heritage, especially in agricultural landscapes with conservation values